Friday, September 14, 2012

La Fonda Del Oso: Jalapeno Hawaiian Pizza

After a busy week (soccer meetings, team practice and meeting friends for dinner) Thursday night we were finally able to enjoy a home-cooked meal. So yesterday I pulled ingredients from the fridge took out the Trader Joe's pizza dough and got to work on pizza night.


I used a variation of this pizza sauce recipe using only the ingredients I had on-hand. 

Sauce ingredients: 
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste 
6 ounces of warm water 
1 teaspoon minced garlic 
2 tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon onion powder 
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 
1/4 teaspoon chili powder 
1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes. 



I stretched out the pizza dough into a rectangle and brushed on the sauce. (I apologize for my ugly burnt cookie sheet, but hey this is real life). 


I added some toppings I already had. I used a Mexican cheese blend that we keep handy for those late-night quesadillas, ham, frozen pineapple chunks and left over jalapeno peppers from our Sunday cook-out. 



Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and dinner is served. 


A homemade pizza is easy, cheap (about a buck for the pizza dough) and healthier than its frozen store-bought counterpart. 

It's not delivery, it's homemade!


1 comment: