Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Weekly Chicome {9/3 - 9/9}

Hello! This week's chicome is coming to you with only a couple of pictures, I dropped my iphone in a kitchen sink full of water on Sunday night (boo!). I'm holding out hope for a miracle to happen in a tub of rice because I have some recipes and projects from the weekend I want to share with ya'll.  Nevertheless, here are the positive 7 of the week! 

{1}. Labor day! A Monday off from work, need I say more?

{2}. The arrival of Autumn, by far my favorite season! Crisp air, cardigans, crunchy leaves and cozy blankets make this girl very happy.   I also get inspired to try heartier recipes when the weather cools down and you can't forget about Sunday Funday (football + wings + beer) becoming the new normal.

{3}. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte - perfect for those cool Saturday morning walks with the pup.


{4}. This week Ces and I helped out at try-outs for the Roosevelt Island Youth Soccer League. It was a fun way to spend the afternoon and we were amazed to see some of the skills the kids have. Looking forward to the start of the season! 

{5}. I attended the opening reception of In Reference To at the Soho Photo Gallery. This photographic project documents Mexican female immigrants across the United States and their treasured object. I'm honored to be featured in this work. 



{6}. Another Sundevil win! On Saturday ASU played Illinois, final score: 45-17. We are 2 - 0! 

{7}. Pre-phone dropping incident, Ces and I had a lovely cookout on the island Sunday. I tried this sweet potato recipe and it came out delicious! 

Chloe sitting patiently at the table waiting for some meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment