Friday, November 16, 2012

Hogar: Gallery Wall Done Right

Hello and happy Friday!

Gallery walls have become the hot trend lately, there is no better way to express your individuality and display memories than to designate a wall as your personal gallery. When I went to visit my brother a couple months ago, I was very pleasantly surprised by his cozy apartment and extremely impressed by the gallery wall(s) he had created in his room.



I love the variety in sizes and shapes and also love the mix of street art, posters, postcards, photos and handwritten notes that make up his wall and surely remind him daily of his adventures in Africa, Thailand, New York, Mexico and France just to name a few. 

Unbeknownst to him, I too have been slowly creating a gallery wall for our living room. Currently displayed we have a shot of Ces' mustachio birthday and pictures that remind us of our trip to Turkey taken on a hot air balloon, the Toptaki Palace and in front of the New Mosque



That's our gallery wall as it stands today, I am itching to add a fauxidermi deer head above the mirror to complete the look. I've been digging fake animal heads for a while and especially since I saw one gorgeously displayed here I'm currently lobbying the Ces for approval, heck I'll even settle for the rhino head :) 

2 comments: