Tuesday, November 13, 2012

La Fonda Del Oso: Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca

Pretty much the only thing I like about Mondays is that Yahoo posts its dinner recipes for the week and its guaranteed that I will want to try and make at least one. Last week I tried their Lemon Chicken Saltimbocca recipe and truth be told it really does take only 20 minutes!

Ingredients I used: 
7 chicken tenders
14 fresh sage leaves
7 slices prosciutto
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 cup chicken broth
Juice from 2 lemons
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 cup basmati rice

While the rice is cooking place one sage leave on the chicken tender and wrap prosciutto around it to secure.


Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until done. Remove from skillet.


Stir lemon juice, chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl, add to skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil and boil for 1 minute or until sauce slightly thickens. Serve chicken over rice and spoon lemon sauce on top. 


A couple observations I made with this recipe, salt is not necessary (as required in the Yahoo version) because the prosciutto is salty as it is. I also found that 2 sage leaves was too strong for our taste buds  so when I make this again I will definitely stick to 1 sage leave per chicken tender.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment