Thursday, October 18, 2012

DIY: Yarn Fall Wreath

You've seen them all over Pinterest the ubiquitous yarn wreath. I've been on an Autumn kick lately so I was game to try this super easy DIY project.

I went to Michael's to pick up a wreath form, hot glue gun, ribbon and  some warm colored yarn. The bird I picked up from Pier 1 Imports and the fake flowers I had on-hand and are from Ikea.


I marked off my wreath where I wanted the colors to change, hot glued the first piece and went to work wrapping the yarn tightly. I should note that its important to do all your gluing on one side of the wreath to keep the front looking smooth and pretty. 


I finished it off by gluing a piece of ribbon to hang it and here it is hanging proudly on our front door. 


I inadvertently matched the wreath to our red door and I am loving it! 

What do you think? Will you be decorating with a yarn wreath this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment