Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December Round Up

Hoping you all had an amazing holiday season surrounded by family, loved ones and friends. As for me, I was a busy bee this December, between traveling to Florida to put on my firm's largest event at the beginning of the month and traveling to Arizona for Christmas my December was one to remember :)

Wintertime in Florida is not too shabby and staying at a 5 star beach-front hotel for work is nothing to complain about. At the beginning of the month I spent a week working in Key Biscayne and also got the opportunity to catch up with my college roomie and amazing friend Ash and also got to hang out with Ces' brother for a few.

The view from my room

Heavenly macaroons

Christmas cheer at the Ritz-Carlton 

Key Biscayne sunset

With the lovely Ash and Orlis 

Gingerbread Ritz


Working on my winter tan

December 12th marks a very special day in the hearts of all Mexicans; this day is know as the day of our patron saint, the mother of Mexico, La Virgen de Guadalupe. This day symbolizes among many things hope for the undocumented immigrant community in the United States and each year there is a relay race in honor of La Virgen where devotees carry a torch from the Basilica in Mexico City to St, Patrick's Cathedral in New York City where it culminates with a mass celebrating her. You can find out more about the race called "La Antorcha Guadalupana" here and here.

December 12, 2012 - St. Patrick's Cathedral

India 2013 is officially happening!



Ces and I had our annual Christmas gift exchange. Anthropologie + J Crew + Banana Republic = happy girl. 


Chloe and I flew to Arizona for Christmas.




Where I baked cookies with my sisters. 


Took those cookies along with their old toys to give away to children living in poverty. 




Had a wonderful Christmas Eve celebration with my family. 






Shamed Chloe for ripping up her presents way to fast. 



Marveled at Arizona sunsets.


And had a reunion with my Arizona besties and their beautiful families.




I finished off 2012 with some shopping, a visit to a museum, a manicure and a couple good books. 


2012 was truly an amazing year. Ces and I embarked on a new milestone in our relationship, we moved into a cozy beautiful apartment in an amazing neighborhood, I traveled to 3 new countries and one new continent, myself my family and friends enjoyed great health and I contined making strides in my career. 

Here's to a 2013 full of love, prosperity and health! 

No comments:

Post a Comment