Wednesday, January 23, 2013

{Travel} 5 Weeks until India

As the calendar inches closer to February 27, I thought I would check in on the list and see how I'm doing...

  • Set itinerary
  • Book flight
  • Buy guide book
  • Get vaccines 
  • Apply for visa 
  • Book hotels 
  • Book internal flights 
  • Badger Ces to get vaccines
  • Badger Ces to get his Visa 
  • Wedding wear inspiration (see below) 
  • Buy Sari, Shalwar Kameez and Kurta 
  • Convince Ces to wear a male Kurta for the wedding
  • Pick up malaria meds and antibiotics 
  • Interview and book a dog sitter for Chloe
  • Pack 
  • Print all itineraries and confirmations 
  • Call banks 
  • Learn Sangeet dance 
  • Learn basic Hindi 
  • Get ma hair did 
  • Mani & Pedi 

I've only been able to get two things crossed off in these last couple of weeks. Ces had his visa appointment yesterday and his visa will be ready for pick up in the next few days. I also booked a wonderful sitter for Chloe via Dog Vacay, a website that matches people who want to open their homes with dog owners that  need a sitter for their fur babies. Dog Vacay hosts are thoroughly vetted and booking through the site guarantees the sitter will be insured. 


I mean look at this face! She needs a special kind of love <3.

In other news, dance practice starts this Sunday and I'm aiming to go on an outfit shopping extravaganza by next weekend. 

Hopefully in two weeks time the only thing I will be working on will be perfecting my head nod/shake and learning how to say "where is the bathroom" in Hindi. 

3 comments:

  1. http://www.ispeakhindi.com/hindi-basics/

    Get on this one - you'll get better prices in the market for the ass-tons of souvenirs you're definitely gonna buy anyway. Remember to bargain.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Will definitely get on that.

    I leave the bargaining to Ces, I'll just stay quiet and head nod/shake lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que organizada! me encanta esa foto de Chloe. Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete