Friday, January 4, 2013

La Fonda Del Oso: Baked Apple Pancakes

When I was home for the holidays I wanted to show off my newly acquired culinary skills so I decided to make breakfast for the fam on a lazy Sunday morning.

On the menu I had huevos rancheros and for the picky eaters I knew I wanted to try out the baked apple pancakes with apple cider syrup recipe I found on Pinch of Yum.

Ingredients I used: 
1 cup and 2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups apple cider
2 cinnamon sticks
1 apple
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 eggs
2/3 cup skim milk
2/3 cup flour
2 tablespoons apple sauce
1 tablespoon sugar

Bring the apple cider, 1 cup of brown sugar and cinnamon sticks to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes until reduced.

Preheat oven to 350. Combine apples, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon and place on bottom of buttered pie plate.


Whisk the rest of the ingredients until combined and pour the mixture over the apples. Bake for 20 minutes or until top is browned. Loosen the edges of the pancake from pie plate, invert onto a serving platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Serve with home made apple cider syrup and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment