Monday, January 7, 2013

{New York} Target First Saturday's at Brooklyn Museum

This past Saturday a couple friends and I took the train to Brooklyn to check out Target's First Saturday's series at the Brooklyn Museum.  No better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than taking in free art (the entire museum is open for visitors) listening to famed Led Zeppelin cover band Lez Zeppelin all while enjoying a cocktail.

I've been to the Brooklyn Museum many times (I used to live just a couple of blocks away) and it is one of my all time favorite museums in New York City because it truly showcases everything! On any given day, you can check out a variety of pieces from Ancient Egyptian artifacts and mummies, European classics and sculptures to modern art and even feminist, Native American and African American art.

Unfortunately my camera (my camera = my phone) died almost as soon as we got there so I don't have as many pictures as I would have liked but the gallery below gives you a good sense of the variety on display at The Brooklyn Museum.

Target First Saturday's is held on the first Saturday of each month (obvi) and is a free multi-channeled event that includes exhibition viewings, dance parties, musical & dance performances, talks, readings, discussion forums, films among many other things. I highly recommend you check it out!












1 comment: