Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Foodie: Makanek

There is a new food truck in town! Toum an authentic Lebanese cuisine (that's their claim and I have no point of reference so we'll go with it) truck has been making the lunch rounds around the city since early August. Parked right outside my office it attracted a rather large crowd so I decided to have a more exotic lunch than usual and give it a try. I ordered the Makanek platter which is lebanese beef sausages mixed with pine nuts sauteed in a lemon sauce served with french fries, garlic sauce (toum), babaghanouj, pita and salad.

The verdict? Good value as you get more food than one person can possibly consume in one sitting. The sausage was interesting looking but tasted good, the toum sauce strong. Overall it was a hearty lunch option I recommend to those who love Mediterranean food.





No comments:

Post a Comment