Friday, August 31, 2012

New York: The Six Year Journey

Hello and happy long-weekend Friday! This week I am celebrating six years of being a New Yorker and boy has it been a roller coaster journey but I am happy to say that I have finally "made it" in this unforgiving City.

The journey started Labor Day Weekend 2006 when a girl from Nogales, Arizona moved to and visited NYC for the first time for a 3 month unpaid internship stay. Fast forward six years (through 6 apartment moves, 5 jobs and countless part-time gigs, crazy roommates, mice infested apartments, unemployment, heartache, loneliness and extremely narrow means) and I can proudly proclaim that I have wrangled the beast that is New York City.

Although the road to today has been ANYTHING but easy by Labor Day Weekend 2012 I have found: true love and companionship, a group of amazing girlfriends, a solid career track with excellent prospects popping up frequently, and a large sunny apartment with a large renovated kitchen in a great little family friendly neighborhood (trifecta in my book). All these things were my measures of success at the beginning of this journey way back in 2006. I'm excited to keep on living (a cheery life) in this City for years to come and I know that if we ever decide to leave, it will be on our own terms.

Here are some highlights from the past 6 years:

Meeting and falling in love with this guy

Ces Birthday 2012


Chloe Berta

The Greatest Friends








2 comments:

  1. FELICIDADES!!!! Ciertamente no ha sido facil, pero tienes mucha fuerza interior que te ha ayudado en esta jornada. Te felicito y admiro tu gran entereza. ILU BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget about hosting a homeless refugee on your couch two summers in a row. Happy 6 years!

    ReplyDelete