Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekly Chicome {8/13-8/19}

Hello! Here are some of the things I loved from the week. 

{1}. On Monday Ces and I attended a free happy hour at De Santos that our friend won. Cannot think of a better way to start the week than free yummy cocktails with friends. De Santos had a very cool history as well, it is located in a West Village brownstone that was once home to rock legends such as Janis Joplin and  Bob Dylan.

{2}. After all the excitement of having family in town and hosting a BBQ, I was glad to have a much needed low-key night. We had some left over tomatoes, bread, wine and basil from the weekend's festivities so I decided to make a bruschetta and wine dinner. This is the recipe I followed, it was so simple and delicious!




{3}. Bargain flats! I had been searching for nude flats for a while and these patent leather ones from NY & Company where a great find at only $20 bucks! 


{4}. Girls night with one of my favorite ladies. I cherish the time when I get to catch up with miss KP and on Friday night Pier NYC in Roosevelt Island proved to be the perfect setting. Loved the city views, flasqs of wine, guac and great gab-fest.


{5}. Discovering new things in the city! On Saturday Ces was walking in midtown Manhattan on his way to meet me and walked by The Sony Technology Lab, being the technology lover he is, we just had to check it out. It was a lot of  fun; if you have kids this place is perfect for a day of learning, best of all its free


{6}. On a mundane run to Bed Bath and Beyond, I came across these popcicle molds. While summer is almost over, we still get a few weeks to try some yummy ice pop recipes. I made a batch last night that I will share with you soon! 

{7}. This week President Obama's Deferred Action Program went into effect. A step in the right direction for immigration reform. 

No comments:

Post a Comment