Friday, August 24, 2012

La Fonda Del Oso: Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles

Summer is quickly coming to an end :( but as long as we have warm weather I want to try as many popsicle recipes as possible! I broke in my new popsicle molds from Bed Bath and Beyond with this recipe from The Kitchn. The Kitchn is one of my go to websites for meal-making inspiration; their recipes are creative, healthy and delicious.

Ingredients:
1 box strawberries
1/4 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
2 table spoons water
1 single serving non-flavored Greek yogurt

Start by cutting your strawberries into quarters


Next I cooked the strawberries, sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes until they were soft and syrupy. 

I poured the mix into the blender and gave it a couple pulses before mixing in the Greek yogurt. This made 4 popsicle servings plus a little extra for an impromptu snack. 

Freeze for 5 hours and voila a delicious healthy summer treat! 


I can't wait to try this recipe next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment